Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to normal

Enough with the dissertation crap, let's resume normal blog life. Hello there! Sit ye down and enjoy a nice cup of nonsense.

Ssssip. Mmm it goes down well!

I really don't know what I'm going to talk about today. The main British news story is that Humphrey Littleton has died. Sad news. I have nothing funny, nor (more importantly) insightful or wise to say about that, so I shall not even mention it.

I suppose I could talk about student 'japes'. I went to this party, and funny stuff happened! HAHAHAHA!

I guess you had to be there. It seems anecdotes are not the way, not today.

So..... erm.... why write a blog when you have nothing to say? Well, isn't that essentially what I'm trying to say? Isn't it true that no one ever actually has anything to say? No.

Oh I KNOW! Boy, did anyone watch Question Time when the three main runners for London Mayor were on it? It was brilliant. There was bickering, name calling, sulking and shouting. But the best bit, by FAR the best bit was where some idiot in the crowd asked the question -

"If your leadership style were a food, what food would it be?"

(I've just googled to see if I can find the exact quotes and it seems I picked out the same bit as The Sun....)

Anyway, Boris said this ...
“My style would be the difference between Tesco’s brand cornflakes and the most extravagantly priced brand of cornflakes.”

Paddick said this...
“rare fillet steak — fit, lean and does you the world of good”.

and reigning champ, Livingstone said this...
“I’d be fruit and veg because it’s good for you and it helps the environment with less cows.”

How 'Blind Date' can you get? Are we asking these types of questions because we have no idea what these people are like, and are going on personality rather than policies? If this is the case, we simply have to go for Paddick. What rhetoric. I'd get on that.

Speaking of chat up lines, how's this one -

"If I were an enzyme, I’d be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes."

You like that one? Of course you do. You wonderful geeks.

Now, I'm a multimedia sort of gal, unlike most of the world, I read books as well as look at screens, but right now, I'm going to keep you at your screen. But I promise you, it's giggletastic.
I was sent this video with the idea that it is a genuine chat show where the presenter gets the giggles at a man with an unfortunate 'voice disability'





That's funny right? Now, I've seen it a couple of times now and I can't help but think it's a staged sketch. A good one, though! Just the fact that none of the audience laugh too gives it away for me. That laughter is so infectious I can't believe everyone would be able to keep a straight face. Unless of course they were actually deeply offended.

What do you reckon?

I'm not going to do the conundrum any more because no one really cares, right?

Love you all,

Sophie x

3 Comments:

Blogger Seán said...

I reckon you should follow me on tumblr.

http://errorgorilla.tumblr.com/post/33073418

01:34  
Blogger Chris Coltrane said...

If I was one of the candidates on Question Time being asked what food my leadership style was, I'd like to think that I'd call the other candidates idiots for answering, then berate the man who asked the question for wasting everyone's time. One of the few times when the three main candidates are all in one room, and he's cocking about with twattish questions like that? I'd give him some verbal smacks!

Well, at least, I'd like to think that I would. In reality, I'd probably say my style was like grapefruit - sharp, cool and colourful. And then I'd go home and cry into a pillow made out of soundbites.

16:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma Settlements
Mesothelioma Settlements Counter