Thursday, July 31, 2008

Edinburgh Festival Diary 31st July 2008

THE FIRST SHOW.

Oh lord. Come on though, let's be chronological. Oh fuck me! There's a moth the size of a bat in here. God, it has blue face make up on and is shouting about freedom and everything. Jeezus Kryst.
Anyway, that's happening now, so that's hardly chronological is it? I did warn you that most of these blogs would be written in a hazy wined state.

Right. Start of the day. Alarm went off. Snooze. Alarm went off again. Snooze. If I keep pressing snooze, I won't have to do the show, right? Right. No. Scott woke me with tea, the nice bastard. He was playing chipper cheesy music. I suppose I'd better get up. So I tea showered and toasted and got myself dressed. Then we went to pick up Paddy. Thank the lord (why's he in this blog so much, get out! That minister friend of mine is a bad influence...) ANYWAY Thank the lord (No!) the was awake and ready to leave. He'd even sorted out a bucket and sellotape for me to decorate for the collection at the end.

When we arrived at the venue they were clearing up from last night's shennanigans (our venue is a club, oh yes!) So I left the boys to attempt to change fuses in plugs and arrange chairs while I went out and did my flyering magic. And it worked. We got 7 people in.

What? 7 people? That's shit. Well, yeh, but it was fine. It was better than 2 shows, one 'established comedian' that we attempted to go to tonight which were cancelled because we were the only people to show up. So, for a show at midday on the first day, 7 is good. Alright. SHUT UP. (Breathe).

So we did the show.

It was probably the BEST THING YOU'LL EVER SEE IN EDINBURGH AND OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD ALL COME AND SEE IT. EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT IN EDINBURGH IT'S WORTH THE JOURNEY. EVEN IF YOU'RE IN AMERICA, IT'S WORTH THE JOURNEY. IT'S HOTTER SHIT THAN SLICED HOT SHIT.

Good. I'm glad we're agreed.

After the show, we went to the Royal Mile for a drink, a smoke and a post-match discussion. While Scott ran back to the venue to get a prop we'd forgotten to pick up, I spotted Tim Vine. It was like "Oh look, there's Tim Vine". Scott ran back and said "Look! There's Tim Vine!" and proceeded to utilise the zoom facility on his camera to snap him on the phone. While this was happening Mr Vine caught my eye and saw what scott was doing, and he did a silly wave. He then walked over and put his arm around me to pose for a photo, all without being asked or removing the phone from his ear. What a nice chap.

What else? Er. Oh yes, I ran into a chap called Joe who worked at Pappy's venue last year so I saw a lot. He was surprised to see that I wasn't depressed yet. So that was nice.

After that I welcomed Harry Deansway, King of the Fix to the flat, and Emily, one of this year's interns. Then, er... Had some dinner, watched some Anually Retentive, which I didn't enjoy that much, and then went to catch those two shows which were cancelled. Good!

I did see two shows which weren't cancelled though. I sauntered into Mark Olver's 'Ramble On', and accidentally accused him of excessive masturbation. Don't drink and comedy! Then we went to see an American chap Scott had made friends with earlier whose show is called Cowboys and Indians. His performance was fantastic and everyone there had a lot of fun. There was a slight case of audience over participation though. You know when someone joins in and they're a star too, but they get a bit carried away and join in too much and you just want them to shut the fuck up? Yeh.

Then I walked home and now I'm here. Since then, the moth happened. And I've spoken to a couple of friend on msn. Yeh, that's right. While doing so, my good friend Paul told me we're listed on chortle and they reckon we're comedy, so that's a good thing. So I had a look and here we are. But who the blimmin heck's face is that? That's none of us, oh no.

So, will tomorrow be better than today? IS THAT POSSIBLE? REMEMBER HOW FUCKING AMAZING I SAID IT WAS!?!(In all seriousness it went well, not perfect, but fine. Onwards and upwards)

Bye bye now, I have to get to bed. (Well maybe just one more glass of wine first...)

Sophie x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 people for midday on the first day is an outstanding achievement. I'm not at the festival (not for a few weeks, anyway), but I've heard of dozens of shows that were cancelled on the first day because of a lack of audience. So for you to get that many people is a really positive sign for the future.

If you keep working hard and doing your best, your show will be the talk of the festival!

21:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just like the helpful information you provide [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]sac pliage longchamp[/url] to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and take a look at again here frequently. prix longchamp sac [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]longchamp[/url] ,I'm relatively sure I will be told many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
I feel that is among the [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]solde sac longchamp[/url] so much important information for me. And i am satisfied studying your article. acheter sac longchamp [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]longchamp sac roseau[/url] ,However want to observation on some basic things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is truly great : D. Excellent process, cheers

19:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma Settlements
Mesothelioma Settlements Counter